Limiting our collections
We will only collect personal information if:
- it is for a lawful purpose that is directly related to one of our functions, and
- it is reasonably necessary for us to have the information
How we will collect personal information
- We will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless it is unreasonable or impractical
- We will not collect personal information by unlawful means
- We will not collect personal information that is intrusive or excessive
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is relevant, accurate, up-to-date and complete
When collecting personal information, we will tell the person:
- what it will be used for
- what other organisations (if any) routinely receive this type of personal information from us
- how the person can access their personal information held by us
- whether the collection is required by law
- what the consequences will be for the person if they do not provide the information to us
We will enable anyone to know, upon request, whether we are likely to hold their personal information, and if so:
- what type of information we hold about them
- the purposes for which it will be used
- how they can access their own personal information
- We will take reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is stored securely, not kept longer than necessary, and disposed of appropriately
Access and amendment
- We will allow people to access their personal information without unreasonable expense or delay
- We aim to respond to requests within 30 days
- We will only refuse access where authorised by law, and we will provide written reasons
- We will allow people to update, correct or amend their personal information where necessary, to ensure it is accurate, relevant, up-to-date, complete or not misleading
- Where possible, we will notify any other recipients of any changes
Before using or disclosing personal information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that the information is relevant, accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading
Use and disclosure
We will use or disclose personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected, unless one of these apply:
- the person has consented
- for a directly related secondary purpose within the reasonable expectations of the person
- to a related or associated company for the purpose of providing a service
We do not use linked health records, nor do we use unique personal identifiers. It is not practicable for us to provide anonymous services.
Managed Investment Trusts – March 2013 Update
The Federal government is continuing it’s commitment to Australia becoming a regional financial services hub with the on-going development of the Managed Investment Trust regime, a concessional withholding tax regime ...
Significant Investor Visa
Complying Managed Investment Scheme One Cash Management Fund On 24 November 2012, the Federal Government introduced a new visa referred to as the ...
THE FOREIGN ACCOUNT TAX COMPLIANCE ACT (FATCA) – FINAL REGULATIONS ANNOUNCED 18 JANUARY 2013
In an effort to curb perceived tax abuses by U.S. persons with offshore bank accounts and/or investments, the US Congress passed broad, sweeping legislation intended to combat offshore tax evasion ...
One Investment Group – Corporate Trust Openings
One Investment Group is expanding its services to include the provision of Custody and Trustee services for structured finance transactions. One Investment Group is now able to provide a full ...
SIGNIFICIANT INVESTOR VISA
The new Significant Investor Visa was launched on 24 November 2012. The new visa program provides Australian companies and fund managers with an opportunity to market products to high net ...